Thursday, July 31, 2008

Travels etc

I spent most of last week in Fircrest, WA, in the house my mom grew up in. It wasn't a long enough amount time to visit with my aunt, grandpa and cousins, but I am thankful for it nonetheless. One of my favorite things about my grandpas house are the raspberry bushes:

Raspberries!

I helped a little making the jam, but mostly I just took pictures. I am so sad to report only 1 of the 3 containers of homemade jam I brought home survived the plane ride. It's a long story, but I basically came home with a box of exploded jam containers.

On the plane I knitted this:

Plane knitting

It is almost done. I'd be knitting it now while I drink my coffee, but I wanted to squeeze this post in before my trip is a distant memory!

I also stumbled upon this yesterday --an independent summer reading club!! Even though the summer is almost over, I might play along. I like the spin on summer reading and even though I am a librarian with a fabulous summer reading club at my own library, I thought this one was pretty unique. The reading activities include things such as wander through a bookstore, read while you listen to the rain and read something more than 75 years old. How fun! And I loved the graphics...I am such a sucker for silhouettes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...