Friday, August 08, 2008

Apron Love

Reversible Apron -Woodgrain side
First, pardon my cheesy photograph...I was playing with the timer on my camera and I felt fabulous at the time. This is the Reversible Apron from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing. It was quick. I started it one evening this week and finished it up this afternoon. Even with having to turn 4 narrow 25 " long apron ties right side out, it still took no more than a few hours. I suggest watching a movie during that part. I watched Almost Famous (I forgot how much I like that movie)! I did change a few things...I added a pocket to one side and rather than making the ties the same as the apron front, I reversed them so the contrasting fabric shows. You can see my other side here. When I finished the apron this afternoon, I wore it out to a friends house and then to JoAnn's. David said this was silly, but I think I am just ahead of a fashion trend here. And I got lots of compliments from the ladys at the fabric store! They understand.

So that is one book down...not sure what is next...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...