Last night, I made these. They are from Bend the Rules Sewing. Finally I am making things from this lovely book, which I've had for many months now, but am only just now making things from it. I've sorta decided to give myself a challenge...to make something from each and every one of my craft books and patterns. I have this bad habit of buying lots of craft books. Too many. And then I end up feeling overwhelmed trying to decide what to make. So from now until the end of the year, I am going to strive to make something from each book I own. I'm not entirely sure if it is possible to complete this challenge by then, being that I am part-time crafter, but we'll just see what I can do. Here are my rules:
1. Make at least one project from each book.
2. Japanese books are included, so improvise!
3. It is okay to pass on a book or pattern if I no longer like it
4. If I no longer like it I must sell it on ebay or give it away to someone who will appreciate it.
5. Deadline for completion is January 2009, however if I am making a genuine effort and can't finish by then, I reserve the right to extend it.
6. Blog about my adventures right here!
7. It is okay to make multiple projects from one book if I am on a role.
8. Purchase of more craft books is okay as long as I have been making things from my current collection
I think that will do for rules. I like to make lists, which is one of the reasons I made these rules. Plus it just feels like a more official challenge if I give it rules...and I am not naturally very self-disciplined if you hadn't been able to guess from the nature of this post -so rules help a person like me. So here goes! Does anyone else have this craft book problem? I notice I do not seem to have this problem with cookbooks, only craft books...