Sunday, November 04, 2007

Crafty Jamaica and the married crafter...

This evening I find myself struggling to adjust to life where a cocktail is not always waiting for me. Such was my life just a week ago, on the beaches of Negril, Jamaica! And naps, unfortunately, are not really part of my Ohio day or lifestyle, but oh how I got used to them! I'm officially back to normal I suppose...no wedding to plan, no worrying. The honeymoon is over. Here is what I took with me:

For not really leaving the resort I did pretty well collecting handmade souvenirs. I didn't make it to any arts and crafts markets while we were there, but vendors set up shop one day at the resort (where I picked up the beach basket) and I walked next door for the wooden animals and bracelet. Only the photo album came from the gift shop...and I have always been a sucker for gift shops anyway.

Now for my life as a married crafter...I took some extra days off after the honeymoon with the best intentions of being crafty and restocking my shop, but I found myself taking naps (gasp!) and just in general, moving slow to get the chores done. Before I knew it, it was time to head back to work. Tonight though, I skipped the chores and made charms with shrink plastic. I have a few photographs I have manipulated which I always thought would make great necklace charms. When Karrie was here for the wedding, she gave me the idea of using shrink plastic to accomplish this. The results were okay, but need tweaking.

Hopefully next week there will be less naps and more productivity...but I still wouldn't mind some strawberry daiquiris and dirty bananas (my 2 new favorite frozen cocktails) to really get me going...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...