Monday, September 17, 2007

And the September obsession is...

Wool sweaters!!!! Somehow in the last 2 weeks, I've managed to acquire fourteen 100% wool sweaters. I've been hitting the jackpot at the thrift store. Today I got a sweater for a quarter! But since I have this amazing talent for starting projects and never finishing them, this could be a bad sign...but 2 bags and 1/2 a scarf later in just one week... I feel these really will become things, beautiful things...Here is my favorite creation so far:
In case you can't tell, it's a bag. I really liked this close up shot. The sweater had this pretty lace-like embellishment at the bottom, and then I embroidered a little tree, threw in some vintage buttons and this is what came out! I'm about halfway done with a scarf too, just in time for fall...pictures and story coming tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very very cute! I love finding great sweaters at thrift stores. sounds like you really scored!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...