Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's about time


Wow, it's been a while.

Coincidentally, my lack of blog posts, began at almost the same time Eliza stopped sleeping through the night. And since this became a regular thing, I have been so exhausted at the end of each day, it is all I can do to watch Mad Men before going to bed. Yeah, too tired to even watch TV. Sad.

I have to be honest, being a full time working mama is the hardest thing I've done in my life. Ever. Couple that with a full time working papa who is also in school and that I usually work two nights per week, it's just hard. And we do not have it all figured out just yet. Things just feel hectic all the time. I've been a little too snappy. And as I am sure many mamas know, the work is never done. I sometimes hate that feeling after I put Eliza down for bed, that the work is only just beginning. The house needs picked up, dinner needs cleaned up and the dishwasher needs run, the diapers and bottles need washed and packed up. There isn't room for slacking off. I think we are doing a good job though, I really do. Eliza does rejuvenate me with her smiles and giggles and milestones. When it is all said and done, I love being a mom like I've loved nothing else before. Eliza has no idea her parents are so beat.

I had a revelation this morning that part of my problem is that I haven't had my coming-of-age moment where I accept the fact that Eliza is simply not going to sleep well at night for the time being. I keep hoping that she will go back to being the champion sleeper she was at three months...but we are going on two months of crap sleep and although I hope to God this won't last forever, it doesn't appear to be ending any time soon. I think if I could accept that, it might just make my days a little easier.

I haven't really done anything crafty. I've had a few small moments of this or that, but nothing finished. I am still holding on to the hope that I can still make at least some Christmas gifts this year, but we'll see. It might just not be doable this year.

The picture up top is one of my works in progress. It's a Poppy doll from the pattern by the lovely toy maker hop skip jump. I've been working on that doll here and there for two months! I am not quite working at the in-time-for-a-Christmas-gift pace, I tell ya!

I also have the hop skip jump jack rabbit pattern which I am dying to make. It will happen someday...someday...

3 comments:

Cristin said...

Aw, I hope things get better for you soon. =) Sleepless-ness is about the only thing I'm DREADING about becoming a momma.... I need atleast 8 hrs of sleep right now! I guess that will change when this baby comes at the end of march.
You'll make it thru - hang in there!

diane said...

Hang in there, girl. It does gets easier-and then harder-and then easier again!

Cat Herself said...

What delightful patterns!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...