Monday, September 14, 2009

I wish there was more to say...

Ever since I started back to work, (4 weeks ago now) I have struggled to find a free moment to really accomplish something. There hasn't been much to say here, unless you want to hear about how I pretty much keep up with the chores or about the book I am reading here and there. That's about all that gets done these days and when I say done, I mean barely done or almost done...and when I say I am reading a book, I mean 2 pages at a time before I head off to bed, too exhausted to read. I know I'll figure out how to find time to create again, but right now it feels like it is all I can do to make it to work each day without forgetting my lunch or my breast pump.

Since there hasn't been time for a crafty project, I started sorting through some old photographs. Friday, I went through an old suitcase of my dad's full of old slides and negatives from the late 1960s and early 1970s. I found this suitcase right after my dad died last fall and it has been sitting at the top of my stairs for months and months. I am just now brave enough to really look through it. These old photographs fascinate me and I'd like to make prints from many of the slides. My dad was an amateur photographer and there are many gorgeous ones from his time in Thailand when he was in the Air Force. There are are also some really beautiful pictures of my mom too, from when my parents were engaged and first married. I hope she gives me the go ahead to post a few of the photos of her here. I really want to share them. I'd honestly like to digitize all these slides and negatives, but I am unsure of the best way to do that. I am thinking of getting a film scanner, but it looks like that might be expensive...Have any of you digitized old slides or negatives? I'd love to hear more about it if you have.

3 comments:

erin said...

I'd like to know more about this too. My husband's family only has slides of his childhood photos. We've considered a lot of options, but never found one that was affordable...

Cheryl said...

me too. you'll have to share what you find. My family has really old film reels I'd love to be able to convert to DVD and watch - would be a great family christmas gift. hmmmmmm.

none said...

My husband has digitized thousands of old slides at work. I'll ask him about the process/equipment. Maybe I can get him to do a little guest blog post, even!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...