Sunday, May 03, 2009

Walking

I have to say, I've had a great couple of days. There is nothing like working seven days in a row to make you appreciate a day off. This was one of my favorite types of weekends because we didn't have a lot planned and it rambled. There wasn't really anywhere we needed to be so I did what I wanted. I sewed, I saw family and I savored the sunshine...

Today, once it was clear it was not going to rain, I called up my best friend to go for a walk. We went to Inniswood Metro Gardens. Despite living my entire life here in Columbus, I had never been here before today, but a conversation with Katie this week sparked my curiosity. What a special place this is. I especially liked taking pictures of the brick and quotes sprinkled throughout the Secret Garden:


I cannot wait to go back with a kiddo and a picnic basket!

I also cannot help but mention to all my Columbus readers: don't forget to vote on Tuesday. The Franklin County Metro Parks levy expires this year and they need your vote! Read the fact sheet here. We are so lucky to have such a great bunch of metro parks. Let's keep it that way!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

We love that park too. And I hadn't been up until a couple years ago. I, too, love the bricks (I've taken some pics too but can't remember what they are now with my pics being back home)....and the plant tunnels. pretty. glad you had a nice time :)

katie said...

I'm glad you went--and glad you loved it! ;)

Cat Herself said...

It's a lovely park and I did go and vote! I'm so glad the issue passed and we get to keep all of our beautiful greenspaces!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...