Sunday, April 19, 2009

Crafty Librarians & Handmade Baby Love

There are few things I love more than handmade gifts. I know I am stating the obvious here, but as a maker of things myself, it just melts me to pieces to be the receiver of something handmade. Over the last few weeks I have received some of the most lovely items for our little girl from some of my favorite crafty librarians. I thought I could wait until baby came to post pictures, but low and behold I cannot! Take a look at some of these lovely things...

A sun hat made by Dianna:

A baby Kimono made by Angie. You can also read all about how she made it on her blog too!

And Cathy knit me the loveliest little things. I have actually long admired both the hat and baby bolero pattern for years! They are from the book One Skein. I especially love the detail on the back of the bolero (which is why I've posted a back photo). It is equally as cute on the front though!

I also have Cathy to thank helping me close up some armpit holes in the one thing I've been able to knit for the baby! Finally the holey arm pit sweater saga is complete!

I am so thankful to all my crafty librarian pals for making baby girl such amazing things. I seriously cannot wait to dress her up in all of these...and then read her a book or two!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow. These are all so sweet. How lucky baby girl is to wear such lovely things. I'd like to make something for baby too but you know I'm not gifted on this end, so you probably won't be showing off any photos :) I do make some mean flannels though!

Since you mentioned books, you'll have to share some of what baby's first book collection will consist of :) Are their any favorite you've gotten for her? xx

diane said...

so so sweet!!!! Love them all. I also love the banner-it looks familiar...

Amanda said...

I still feel like I have a long way to go building up baby girl's library! But we have a few of my faves I'll have to share once she is here and we've tested them out :)

And Diane..the pic is probably familiar from when I posted about the gocco a while back...same image photoshopped with new colors!

Cat Herself said...

Ooh - the hat and kimono are so cute! Makes me want to get my sewing machine working again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...