Friday, January 30, 2009

She's Growing on Me...

I made this little gal this week and I'm not sure how I feel about her. It's the free doll pattern from the Black Apple, but instead of a painted face, I embroidered it and I gave her some pig tails. What I am not liking are her skinny chicken legs. If you decide to make this pattern enlarge it by more than the 150% it calls for. I would try at least 200%, perhaps even 300%. At only 150% the arms and legs turn out no more than 1/2 inch thick once they are sewed together. Turning and stuffing these arms and legs...man was that annoying! Other than her legs, I like her okay...but it's finally convinced me to just bite the bullet and buy the pattern for these gals over at Wee Wonderfuls...I know they won't have chicken legs!

7 comments:

erica said...

I think she's cute! Chicken legs and all!

Brook said...

hahah i love the pig tails!!!

Cheryl said...

I love her too and was also going to say "chicken legs and all!" how funny. your little one is so lucky that you can make her such cute things :) xx

diane said...

I always liked skinny legs--better chicken legs than tree-trunk legs!!!

Cat Herself said...

If it's just the legs that concern you, just change them! I bet YOU could make some amazingly cute dolly patterns. :-)

Amanda said...

I guess the chiken legs aren't so bad, it was more the experience of making them that I didn't like. Now that she's done her chicken legs are okay :)

Anonymous said...

I like her little legs! They really suit her...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...