Thing is, I kinda forgot about my tips and only ever offered one.
But it's a new year and so I'm bringing them back and hopefully I won't forget about them this time!
Part Time Crafter Tip #2: Make something you can start and finish!
I like to be challenged, but when you have limited time and you have a room full of half made quilts, forget all that and just make something like a pillow. Just because you make something quick does not mean you are abandoning the challenging stuff! Some days are just NOT for challenges especially if you only have a couple hours and need some instant satisfaction at the end of a stressful work day. Here are some places to go for something quick and fun to make:
- One Hour Craft
- One Pretty Thing -there are usually at least a few quick projects to be found here on any given day
- Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol
- Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
- Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing
- Pillow covers
- Cloth Napkins -tutorials here and also in Amy Karol's book.
- Rag Doll -a great free pattern from the black apple is here (Update 1/30/09: but enlarge it by more than 150%, see this post).
- Coasters -great tutorials here, here, and even appliqued ones here.
- Make a skirt -Amy Karol has a great 5 minute skirt pattern available FREE on her site, which I've tested and give a thumbs up! If you don't have the elastic she uses you could just do a fold over waste band.
And with that I am headed to my sewing machine today...Libraries are closed, so I definitely see some sewing in my future!