Wednesday, December 31, 2008

7 Random Things

I've been tagged by Cheryl and thought that seemed like a perfect post for a little morning blogging on the last day of the year, so here are 7 random things about me. I have no idea if you will find them interesting, crazy, annoying or what, so here it is...

1. I'm a slob. I don't pick up after myself and I don't like to throw things away. I am usually the reason my house is messy. Strangely I do not show this side of myself at work, I keep a pretty tidy office and throw away as much as I can. When I tell my husband this he gets rather annoyed because it does show I am capable of being non-slobby, but choose otherwise at home. I guess I just know what can get away with ;)

2. I hate losing. I don't like to admit this, but I think I am in fact a sore loser. Even in stupid things like the other night when David was kicking my butt at Wii Tennis...and Golf...and Bowling...

3. Losing my dad has been (and still is) the hardest thing I've had to accept in my life. It breaks my heart my kids won't ever know him or hear his voice.

4. I love airports. I don't so much like going through security, but I love the assortment of travelers and the ridiculous overpriced shops. I love walking the long stretch to my gate and all of the windows looking out to planes taking off. My favorite airport is Sea-Tac.

5. I also love Sky Mall catalogs! I love the collection of ridiculous, unnecessary inventions. There is always something to make me laugh each time --like this, seriously, a Coolaroo Dog bed? Who buys this stuff!

6. I love to write. I used to write stories all the time as a kid. Pretty much as soon as I knew how to write, I made up stories. I still have a lot of them. Then in college I took a creative writing class and that really opened my eyes. I wrote a story I am still really proud of. I wish I took more time for story writing...but I have so many other interests, it is hard to focus sometimes. One of the things I love about keeping this blog, is the exercise of sitting down to write and reflect, usually at least once a week.

7. I am overly smell sensitive -it isn't just being pregnant, but yes it has gotten even worse! Certain smells literally make me gag and I cannot control it! I avoid public restrooms unless it is a true emergency --and one of the drawbacks of pregnancy has been having to make many more trips to public restrooms, this has been torture for me and my smell-gagging problem.

One last random detail: the picture...I started a baby quilt this fall, but it still sits in my craft room as only a quilt top. Since I hadn't shared it yet, I thought it worked for a random post. Hopefully, I will follow it up with a completed quilt picture sometime before the May due date!

I hope that is enough random and weird random facts about me! Hopefully it isn't TMI. I am going to tag a mix of ladies I know in real life and others I know only through reading their blogs:

Angie at the Creative Perhaps
Diane at Playing Joyce
Erica at Craftyblossom
Betty at BettyNinja

The Tagging Game "Official" Rules:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their name and a link to their blog.
**Whoops! I broke this rule...feel free to break it too :)
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for doing this. Very interesting to read! I think I could read 7 things about you every day and never ever be bored. That quilt is going to be wonderful. xx

Cat Herself said...

I love airports, too. They are great venues for people-watching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...