Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My Dad

So I lost my dad suddenly yesterday. After a horrible 24 hours at the hospital Monday he finally passed yesterday morning about 1 AM. This was a complete surprise to our family. It is probably way too early for me to even type this, but here I am anyway. I try not to get too personal on my blog but I've never been through anything this big and awful. I'm sure I am reacting impulsively writing this. I miss him so much already, he was the best listener. My parent's friend Carol said at the hospital "they just don't get much better than your dad." So true and simple. My mind is a mush of dad thoughts right now, but I don't think I can get them out in a coherent way just yet...be back in a few weeks or so.

5 comments:

diane said...

What a lovely pair! I've been thinking of you.

Cat Herself said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you in this horrible time. As time passes, I hope you will find some healing in celebrating all of the marvels of his life. Knowing his daughter, I'm sure he was a great man.

Cheryl said...

I've been thinking of you so much this week. I am so sorry. Hugs, Cheryl

bettyninja said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Christiana said...

I'm so sorry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...