Friday, September 12, 2008

Pizza! Pizza!

BBQ Chicken pizza
August seemed to be a mad flurry of craftiness and now September is flying by entirely too fast. Too fast for me to get much of anything done at home. I've been in a bit of a crafty rut these last couple weeks....just coming home completely exhausted, barely enough energy to knit in front of the TV. So I thought I might as well share a recipe. I have been cooking at least. David and I have been making pizzas for the last several years, we have it down to a rather specific routine -I make the crust, he tops it. Here is one of our favorite pizza recipes:

David and Amanda's BBQ Chicken Pizza.

Ingredients:
**note these measurements are approximate, I usually just eyeball it

1 Martha White Pizza Crust (can use other brands, but we like this one the best)
cumin
chili powder
garlic pepper or powder
BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup red onion, sliced
3/4 cup frozen or fresh corn
shredded cheddar cheese
1-2 cups cooked chicken, cut or torn into bite size pieces. I use leftovers or those rotisserie chickens from the grocery store also work great for this!
cilantro

Preheat oven to 425.

Make the crust:
Make the pizza crust according to the instructions on the package, but before adding water mix in cumin, chili powder and garlic pepper. I don't use a precise amount of the spices, I just sprinkle it all in till it feels about right.

Prepare the toppings:
Grill corn and onions on the stove until onions soften and start to brown. Add some of the spices you used in the crust if you like

Chop cilantro and remove stems. Set aside.

Top the pizza:

When the crust is ready to be topped, spoon BBQ sauce onto it. Add corn, onions, chicken and top with cheese. Bake according to crust directions, I think about 15-20 minutes.

Top with chopped cilantro

Eat and enjoy!

1 comment:

bettyninja said...

Okay, sounds wicked yummy to me. We have been talking about starting a regular pizza night here at my house. I may have to put this one of the list of fun ones to try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...