Thursday, December 27, 2007

Giving and Receiving

As much as I love giving presents at Christmas, I have to admit, I do love receiving a well thought out gift. This year David's parents got me a Gocco! That was quite a surprise...I can't wait to test it out, but I am going to set aside a day just for goccoing, MLK Day perhaps? Hopefully sooner, but we'll see. And then, if a gocco wasn't enough, David's Grandma made us a patchwork tree skirt (picture to come). This is perhaps my very favorite present. It has been a while since have received something 100% Grandma made! I immediately put it under our tree even though Christmas is over.

During the month of January I've decided to commit myself to a few things (and please note...these are NOT resolutions):

1. Finishing what I have started (namely a quilt I cut up and began to piece last March or April)

2. NOT buying any new clothing unless absolutely necessary

3. Spending quality time with my gocco :)

And lastly, today is my Dad's birthday! I won't share his age and I am pretty sure he doesn't even read my blog, but I thought I'd give him a shout out. I'm taking him to lunch and getting him a season of Scrubs for his birthday. Although my dad is not crafty at all, he encourages it...and bought me the most hideous Crochet magazine for a present last year. Even he admitted that, and we got a good laugh out of it in the end! It is the thought after all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...