Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Morning cup of coffee

For as long as I have been a coffee drinker, I think I have always had a favorite coffee mug. I am not really sure why, but I find myself making a conscious effort, still, as a 30 year old, grown woman, to drink out of my favorite mug each morning. The mug above is my current favorite (and I actually own 2). I don't know if it is some sort of superstition or what. I just gravitate to the favorite mug. I feel happier drinking out of it...

I sort of have this morning routine. I get up right after David leaves for work and then come downstairs to drink my coffee, eat breakfast and get online, check email and blogs etc. I'd like it if I had more self control and could make this the only time I got online...it is so easy to tell myself: "I'll go look that up online real quick" for something truly legitimate and instead of just answering whatever question I had, I end up roaming, reading blogs, etc etc...

But all that said, I love this morning routine. I love the house sitting quietly...hearing people in cars rushing off to work on the street outside, nothing has happened yet, the day is just beginning. It is full of potential, everything is starting over, a brand new day...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...