Monday, March 12, 2007

Don't shoot the messenger...

So I've been spending my last 2 Monday nights at one of my local quilt shops taking a class on making this messenger bag...I started out so excited...I even used some vintage fabric I found this summer (the green and navy prints), but tonight I was ready to quit sewing...Perhaps my old school Bernina is not as lovely as I thought, or maybe I am, at heart, a lazy sewer, but this has been, without a doubt one, of the more frustrating things I have ever constructed. It does not help to have perfectionist tendencies, like I have though...perhaps it isn't that bad...but I still have so much more work to do...ugggh! And I've already spent 2 Monday evenings on it. As frustrating as this class was, I cannot even imagine what my frustration would have been had I attempted this on my own. These instructions sucked! Simplicity does a much better job. I am rethinking buying anymore bag patterns from the quilt shop.

I am so thankful to be home now, munching on chocolate and toffee covered pistachios...my calm state has returned...I think I might actually work on my granny squares...they are always nice to me...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...