Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thoughts

Is it bad that my last post was titled "Looking Forward to February"? I just realized the month was not even half over at that point! Now it's half over...Now I can say that...I've just been worrying non-stop since the year began, the kind of worrying that keeps me up at night. It's been a while since I've been this worried...So much is going on again, I have to keep a pen and pad next to my bed for when I wake up in the middle of the night and remember some random thing I have to do the next day! I've been coordinating my library system's involvement in this Reading Festival at the Fairgrounds on Saturday and I've been speding all of this time on these minute little details and emails and checklists and phone calls repeating the same details...and then I've been at meetings and all day management trainings...It feels as if I've squeezed in the whole month into its first 17 days! And that's just my work time! I've been trying not to work overtime right now. Anyway, the point of this blog is not to ramble on about my job...

This weekend David put together the sewing table my mom got me for Christmas...it's heavenly. I got a nice red stool for it too and sewed my friend Jamie a cute little tote bag already. I feel creatively rejuvinated! Today I went thrifting on my break and bought some old sweaters. I've been really digging how people have turned thrifted sweaters into bags and hats and scarves...so I'm going to try something next week...we'll see how it goes!

I also knit some sushi. I think it looks good enough to eat...I got the pattern from a link on the Craft Magazine blog. There is so much fun stuff to make on those pages...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...