Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Space

I created this little corner for Eliza in our living room recently. It isn't much, but I am really happy with it. I bought this little shelf at a yard sale. It isn't exactly my style, but I like the challenge of trying to make things work anyhow.

This is pretty much it for Eliza and her toy sprawl. Not too bad, really. One of my goals as a parent is to not have my living room become Toy Palace.

Something I've noticed now that I am only working part time and in my home so much, is I am more interested in having our living space flow for grown ups and kids. It isn't that easy...especially when I don't want to spend any money. I am trying to find small ways like these to improve our space and make it work for everybody. I am hoping as I get better at being at home with Eliza all the time, I will find ways to improve our space and little by little things will fall into place with the house. I stumbled across this e-course recently on creating playful learning spaces and I think something like that might be pretty interesting. I could definitely benefit from some professional guidance I am sure!

1 comment:

katie said...

That class sounds awesome! I am struggling with our spaces as well. I set out with the same goal not to be "one of those parents" with toys all over the place, and yet here I am constantly stepping on Legos or dried up bits of play-doh (and damn, do those hurt)!

Thanks for sharing the link and the pics of what you're trying out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...