Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Holey Armpit Sweater, Part 3

Here it is again, the infamous sweater which started out as a baby gift, but will end up on my own baby instead. In case you haven't been reading my blog long enough for the whole (pun not intended) story, or would just like a recap, click here and here.

I still have to sew up the holes, but I am considering it pretty much done at this point, after all, it is OFF my needles right? I'll be consulting some of my knitting peeps about them armpit holes, in the next month, so watch out!

February is flying by way too fast for my liking. And I need to be better at slowing down...at home and at work. I swear I used to be a much more patient person than this! It seems easy to get overwhelmed with all the preparing for baby and yet when I actually do slow down, I remember the baby won't care if the den isn't painted when she is born or if we have new storm door. All these things will come in time. So much easier said than done though. I was reminded last night how important it is to still do the fun things, things that have nothing at all to do with preparing for the baby. So my mission for the next few months when I am feeling overwhelmed is to set aside time for fun, to chuck the preparing (and worrying about the preparing) out the window at least once a week. It should at least liven up these last few long weeks of winter (BTW Winter, I am soooo done with you, especially since only my ugly winter coat fits anymore!)

1 comment:

Cat Herself said...

Oh, I am totally done with winter. Ice, especially.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...