Sunday, December 14, 2008

Stitches

In case I need to provide proof that this is still a craft blog, here are some things I stitched up a couple of weeks ago...

The patterns are from Sublime Stitching, which has many fun designs...I love, love, love embroidery patterns...Buying them is, perhaps, a problem I have. Embroidery is a great winter and beginner craft. It is easily done while snuggled up on the couch under a blanket. These two designs are from the Sexy Librarian and Forest Friends patterns. I always have the hardest time deciding what to stitch on, but I stocked up on white pillow cases recently and am planning to stitch up a mess of pillowcases around here. I especially love the sexy librarians on pillow cases. Wholly Craft also carries Sublime patterns, so if you are local, go there and save on shipping! Another one of my favorite sources for embroidery patterns is Wee Wonderfuls. I highly recommend checking out her shop...I love so many of her designs. I bought the Winter Stichettes and the Quilting Bee Stitchettes ages ago, but still cannot decide what to make them on...Let me know if you have any ideas!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love both of these, esp the porcupine! Your baby is going to be so lucky to have so many things you will make for he or she :) xx

Dianna S said...

umm, guys, is it weird that I want to start making stuff for a baby I haven't even conceived yet? :) These are so cute - love that sassy librarian! I love the idea of embroidered pillow cases, too. I use a set my grandma did decades ago, and treasure them.

Brook said...

OH you did such a good job!!! I love how they turned out! I love stitching on onesies!

Cat Herself said...

That librarian looks just like you! lol

diane said...

Super cute-don't make too many things for the baby...remember you have many crafty friends and sister-in-laws!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...