Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Questions and Answers

I was tagged by Cathy and I've decided to play along. Here are my revealing answers, plus a 10 year old pic to boot! Read on for details...

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Well, I was 21...I was in college, it would've been spring quarter and I lived in a house with 4 other girls. My early twenties were a tough time for me. I was insecure and confused about many things. I am so glad not to be that age anymore! I was a Natural Resource major at Ohio State then and I still thought I was going to move out West and be a park ranger! This time of year, I was actually getting ready to head out for a summer position with the Student Conservation Association. That summer ended up being one of the best summers of my life and typing this I cannot believe it was 10 years ago! My favorite thing I did that summer was hike to the top of Mount Saint Helens. The picture at the top of this blog is me standing at the top! A close second would've been spending the night on Shi Shi Beach that summer. I have since been back to Shi Shi twice! If you ever have the chance, it is one of the most beautiful beaches in the country! Both adventures have really great stories to go along with them, involving flat tires and 'roving bovines' (cows crossing the road) but they are waaaaay too long for a blog.

What are 5 things on my To-do list for today?
How about for the rest of this week? Today is almost over :(
1. Paint dining room
2. Finish putting dining room chairs together
3. Read my Business of People Book (by tomorrow!!!)
4. Clean bathrooms
5. Try and catch the feral kitties under my deck --umm this has been on my list for a few weeks now. I am no kitty catcher!

What are my favorite snacks?
This varies from year to year but right now I love String Cheese and Haagen Daz light Carmel Cone ice cream

Things I would do if I were a billionaire?
If only! I'd pay off the house of course, and all other debt. Perhaps buy a better house. Definitely buy my dream sewing machine. Give money to friends and family. Pick a few charities I really believe in and donate a ton of money. I'd still try and keep it real and shop at the thrift store and Odd Lots and live like the middle class gal I was destined to be but I would also go to Anthropologie a heck of a lot more!!! My middle class 'keep it real' philosophy wouldn't apply to my wardrobe, ha!

Places I have lived:
Columbus -Parents house
Columbus -Smith Hall, OSU Campus
Columbus -various dingy college apartments: E 12th Ave (unbeknown to me and long before we knew each other, David actually lived next door!) -E Lane Ave, another street I forget the name of
Columbus -with an ex boyfriend
Columbus -back with mom and dad
Grandview
Columbus -Short North
Gahanna

I'm only tagging 2, playingjoyce and ridiculology and I won't force you to play along (you know, cuz I can do that) since I am always bad at doing these, but I'd love to read your answers!

2 comments:

Cat Herself said...

Great - thanks for posting this! It's neat to learn more about you. I've always wanted to spend the night on a beach. WE camped right next to the beach at Assiteague a few years ago, and that was really cool. When we woke up the next morning, there were Sika Deer eating across the little road from us, and there were wild ponies around, too!

diane said...

I'm "IT"!! I'll post soon!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...