Monday, March 17, 2008

Houses, Houses, More Houses and a couple of crafts

Somehow I did not take photos of my latest 2 projects. Perhaps it was because they both had deadlines. So if I can convince you to read craftiness without photos, here are the details...

I made curtains for my friend Jamie...this was my first time making curtains. They were fairly straight forward. I didn't use a pattern. The hardest part was cutting the fabric because it was canvas-like and the curtains were 84 inches long! So I kinda wrestled with the fabric a little. And I have to say it was a little nerve-wracking making something for a friend because I was obsessed with them being absolutely perfect. I had this fear of Jamie thinking they completely sucked...but of course that didn't happen!

I also finished up my contribution to my very first attempt at promoting my little side business. I contributed to the Sampler.It comes out in April and will feature Columbus Crafters and Artists. I contributed zombie lip balm of course.

Other than that we have been house hunting like MAD. We put an offer in on a house yesterday so we'll see how it goes...Our offer was kinda low, but we figure if we don't get it, it just wasn't meant to be.

Oh and I seem to be getting a run of spam comments. Does anyone now how to stop these?

3 comments:

Erica said...

In your blog settings, you can require that commenters type a code to verify that they are human. Kinda like when you sign up for an email account, you have to look at a box with weird-looking letters and numbers, and then re-type it for verification. That should stop the spam comments. :)

Amanda said...

Thanks Erica! I thought this was already on but (gasp) it was not!!! No wonder!

diane said...

What is The Sampler? Are you going to be famous now? Which house did you place the offer?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...