Friday, January 11, 2008

Just doing it

Sometimes I struggle with feeling like I "have to craft." I've never been comfortable with 'doing nothing.' But sometimes I have lazy nights and I just relax...and then feel guilty afterwards (when really, shouldn't I savor it? But that is not in my nature). It isn't that I do not want to make things, but this week I was just feeling uninspired and some things just seemed too huge to get started on at 8pm. It was weird though...I felt as if I was procrastinating doing my homework or something. So Thursday night I made myself craft! And wouldn't ya know, I finished 2 projects! Take a look:

1. A hat, modeled awkwardly by me (coincidentally called the Lazy Daze EZ hat) from the book Mr Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful. I really should buy this book, but I just keep checking it out from the library again...and again. Guess it helps our circulation anyway :) Oh, and in case you are wondering it really was super easy. I could make a bazillion of these watching Netflix or in between Guitar Hero battles (our lazy activities).

2. Penny Squares. I signed up for a Penny Square swap and now I seem to going through a redwork phase. I am loving all things red and white. The embroidery designs are from Jenny Hart's Sublime Stitching.

So the lesson learned for me was: sometimes you should just do it and the inspiration comes eventually!

1 comment:

Cat Herself said...

I had no idea what Penny Squares were. Where did you get into a swap for them?

I love the redwork - it's pretty, and I learned something new!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...