Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas in Space

Tree is up on December 3rd...I cannot believe it! This has got to be some sort of record for us...especially since the tree is real. Let's cross our fingers it doesn't dry up before the 25th!

We tried to kick the scrooge out of ourselves with tree decorating and holiday tunes. Our collection of ornaments is very hodge-podge, and I love it. I could never be a themed Christmas tree kinda girl. I much prefer a bunch of wonky ornaments. We have sloppy ones David or I made as children...dated ones from our childhood, REALLY old ones that belonged to great grandparents, glass bell ones from childhood ornament sales at school...and a whole slew of handmade ones. I came across cross stitch, crochet, beaded, stuffed, and much more. It got me thinking how this month really does bring out the handmade in people. Despite all of the commercialized Christmas crap you see in the stores, I like to think this month folks are making a little bit more by hand than they might have otherwise.

And so this brings me to end, the very last post in my month long journey. It supposedly takes 30 days to make something a habit so hopefully I have turned my blog into a habit. I posted 29 out of 30 days...I almost did it...and so I am taking tomorrow off, but not the whole month. No more of that, no ma'm! I'll be back, so keep reading!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...