Thursday, March 01, 2007

Goodies

Yesterday I made goodie bars! These were one of my grandma's special recipes. They're basically just rice krispie treats with peanut butter and chocolate but man, they are good :) The night of my grandma's funeral last February my cousins and I were sitting around talking and then we just scoured the kitchen and made goodie bars. It is a memory I really cherish. A bright spot in an otherwise difficult day. I thought I'd try my hand at sharing a yummy recipe. Here are the ingredients (minus the salt and pepper in the background):

1 cup sugar
1 cup karo
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups of rice krispies
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

First you pour together karo and sugar into a pot. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add peanut butter:


Pour over rice krispies and mix together. Scoop mixture into a 9 x 13 rectangular cake pan. Use Wax paper to press flat if you like. Set aside

Melt chocolate chips and and butterscotch chips on very low heat or double broiler if you have one. When completely melted pour over pan of krispies.

Cool in fridge for at least 2 hours - overnight. Cut into bars and chow down!

I love these! I think I'll go eat one now actually :) It is about time for dessert...But before I do I also want to share my first swap received. Technically this was my second swap, however, My first one was quite a bummer, I never got anything and I had two partners! I was so happy to receive this today from Marylyn:


My faith in swaps is restored. I especially love the little knit and embelished needle case. I will make sure to take extra special care of it!!! Thanks so much Marylyn! Can't wait to knit up my new project!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...